It’s been an amazing week.
I was off Monday and Tuesday and got to play house(almost)wife, I started a new j-o-b on Wednesday, and on Friday, my 3 best friends from HIGH SCHOOL traveled from near and far to visit the ATL for a little girls’ getaway.
It was DIVINE. We ate our way through the city (Noche – Murphy’s – JCT – Flying Biscuit) pausing only to shop, have our nails done, and laugh uncontrollably.
- We canNOT drink the volume of wine we used to… but that’s probably a good thing due to the fact that as our age advanced, so did the caliber and price tag of the wine we prefer.
- Nobody can call you out on your own BS better than people who saw you through your braces and acne phase.
- I am the last person in our friend group to be clued in on the easy and delicious dinnertime miracle – Santa Fe Soup. I made it for Greg this evening and is is DELISH and totally easy and I thought I’d share it with you!
Ok so check it – this is all you need:
1lb ground sirloin
1 can white shoe peg corn
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can Rotel
1 can pinto beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can black beans
1 large onion
1 packet Ranch dressing mix
1 packet taco seasoning mix
Then you just:
- Dice your onion and sauté it while you brown your meat and drain
- Season the meat and onion with the ranch dressing and taco seasoning packets
- Dump the rest of the ingredients in and bring to a boil
- Cover and simmer for 2 hours.
D-O-N-E. Mary Bradley told me to put a can of water in to stretch out the pot, which I will try next time – but it makes a HUGE pot of delicious and hearty soup as is. Top it with a little sour cream and cheese and it’s AMAZING.
Now back to my emotional hangover…miss you guys already!
Tags: ,Birmingham Love, careful cowboy!, don't judge, funny people, I'm just saying..., i'm on a diet., Ladies Who Lunch, Moxie? We got it., PLU, Recessionistas, very important people, You Can Find Me in the A