You know my heart belongs to Atlanta and ever since I traded the Big Apple for Georgia Peaches in July of ’05, I’ve never looked back.
However, that didn’t stop me from having the TIME OF MY LIFE this weekend celebrating Randi’s BIRTHDAY!
If you happen to be making a trip to NYC anytime soon, let me point out a few highlights from my trip:
1. Soul Cycle – It’s like a dance club and a spin class all rolled into one. My girls have been RAVING about it forever and now I know why! It’s an AMAZING workout and we had a BLAST. If you have the opportunity to try it out, I recommend it 100%. 3 NYC locations: Upper East, Upper West, and Tribeca (even one in the Hamptons!) Visit Soul Cycle for more information and be sure to reserve a bike well ahead of time, there wasn’t a seat to be had!
…complete with complimentary makeup touch ups by Monique…a Sophia Loren lookalike who has been working at the spa since…well…suffice it to say she’s been there a long time and has done a TON of makeup. So when Monique recommended the Flawless Finish Mousse Makeup, who were we to refuse? SO glad we took her advice, it’s perfect for summer. The makeup comes out light and airy and it doesn’t sit on your skin like most foundations will in hot humid weather. LOVE.
3. Blow-Outs at Salon Nouvelle – I hesitate to tell you because I think this is the city’s best kept secret. Amazing hair for a mere $30 at this discreet little salon on 1st Avenue at 61st street. (212) 813-0736 for an appointment.
(Another option: if you’re closer to Murray Hill…I used to be a blow-out regular at Monhair on 3rd Avenue between 36th and 37th. I heard today my girl is still there! Ask for Lolita and tell her Lorena sent you! (212) 447-7744 for an appointment)
4. Dinner at Lure Fishbar – It was love at first bite. Lure is the cutest little seafood restaurant located directly underneath the SoHo Prada store at Mercer and Prince. I chose the miso-glazed salmon over crispy soba noodles and it was to DIE for. I was able to steal bites of the girls seafood platters, scallops, and various other fish dishes – everything was excellent. Plus, inside is cute and swank all at the same time…perfect place for our perfect dinner!
5. Drinks at Betel in the West Village– LOVED Betel. This Asian-Fusion resto was a really fun location for post-dinner drinks. It’s very nondescript (in fact, you could easily miss it!) and understated and with ample bar seating for a small-ish joint, it was the perfect place to accommodate the flood of people who showed up to celebrate Randi’s birth! The drinks were DELICIOUS – we especially liked the Tart ‘n Tasty – made with lychee juice and ginger (You know how I usually shy away from anything with a kitchy name…but this drink was fantastic and not too sweet!)
6. Brunch at The Smith – catty-corner from my old East Village Karaoke standby – Nevada Smith’s – The Smith really hit the spot for brunch. Mostly, I just loved hanging with 4 of my favorite people over egg white mushroom and fontina omelets and complimentary bloody marys!
I’m so glad I had the opportunity to see my girls and the wonderful guys they love…
but I have to say – of all the cute couples I know in The City, my favorite pair is undoubtedly these two:
…Don’t worry, A+E…Aunt LK will be back soon!
Tags: ,Beauty is as beauty does., blame it on the a-a-a-a-a-alcohol, day drinking, healthy as heck, jess and the twinks, La Big Apple, Moxie? We got it., NYC, NYCuties, see and be seen, Table for Two, Things that are awesome..., Things we love!, vay-cay, very important people