Have a Someecard V-Day!
The holiday is upon us. Valentine’s Day is less than a week away, folks! Have you picked out a special gift for your special someone yet? If not, Someecards has you covered with these nifty Love Coupons you can cut out + proudly present to your little lovebug. Sooooooo romantical, huh?
And, don’t forget to visit Someecards to find the perfect V-day greetings. Below are a few of my personal favorites…
Ah, these kill me! Happy almost V-day!
Gosh, don’t you just loooooove love?! (VOMIT – kidding!!)
Tags: ,blame it on the a-a-a-a-a-alcohol, don't judge, holiday gift ideas, i love pirates, I'm just saying..., LMR, Ridiculous., Sorry not sorry., spreading holiday cheer!, things that are hysterical, Things we love!, Yowza.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINDSAY!!!
It was an extraordinary year for our darling Lindsay (and that’s saying a lot…she’s an extraordinary person!)
Showed Vegas a thing or two
(If that’s even possible…but if anyone can achieve it – it’s YOU!)
Tags: ,Beauty is as beauty does., Festive, funny people, I'm just saying..., lindsay is awesome, Moxie? We got it., Things that are GORG, Things we love!, vay-cay, very important people, You Can Find Me in the A, Yowza.
Return of the Terribly Absent Blogger…
Hello, everyone! It’s me! It’s me! I’ve returned from my two month hiatus!
THANK YOU for allowing me that precious time for a little blog cleanse. After over three years of almost constant blogging, I’ll be the first to admit that you can get burnt out when you overdose on things that you love so much (gelato, pizza, yoga, Real Housewives of any city, blogging), so I truly appreciate your patience with me. The good news is that I’m officially back now and ready to fill you in on lots of exciting things going on in Atlanta! Starting tomorrow, I’m back to the grind. Today, I wanted to update you on what I’ve been up to over the past two months.
Kevin and I tied the knot in Atlanta! It was an unforgettable weekend for us.
(Muscles brought to you by the amazing pilates reformer guru, Meredith Bass!)
We took an awesome trip to Arizona! Here we are in Sedona…
At the South Rim of the Grand Canyon…
And relaxing at the Ritz-Carlton Resort at Dove Mountain.
We spent Thanksgiving in Jacksonville where we came in second place in a highly competitive family holiday cookie competition with these bad boys. Brown Butter Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies. (We were robbed, I tell ya!)
We traveled to beautiful Montego Bay, Jamaica for Rosh’s wedding.
Then to Delray, Florida for our friend Jesse’s wedding.
And we celebrated the New Year in sunny Jacksonville Beach!
In between all of our traveling, we found time to eat. A lot.
Drink. A lot.
Relax. A lot.
Experiment in the kitchen. (Here’s the no-brainer peppermint bark recipe we used.)
Get together with good buddies.
Play with nail polish.
Hug some babies.
Get some dental work done. (Sidenote: I really wanted this to be our holiday card, but I was vetoed.)
Watch an entire two seasons of Homeland. Totally obsessed – more on that later…
And meet Charles Barkley!
Needless to say, it’s been a very busy past two months. I’m rejuvenated now, and it feels so great to be back!
Here’s to the Q+DD! Here’s to 2013! It’s totally gonna be a great one!
Tags: ,2013, blame it on the a-a-a-a-a-alcohol, careful cowboy!, celebrities!, confessions, Cooking w/ L+L, day drinking, don't judge, Festive, healthy as heck, hiatus, I'm just saying..., international, jetsetters, Kevin!, LMR, Moxie? We got it., mrs. casey, newsworthy, Ridiculous., Rosh, sugar rush!, sweet tooth, Things that are awesome..., Things that are GORG, Things we love!, very important people, You Can Find Me in the A, Yowza.
Categories: Chocolate,Cocktails,Events,Exercise,Florida,Guilty Pleasures,Health,Holidays,Hotels,Maintenence,Nails,Out of Town,Parties,Random Musings,Vacation,Weddings,What we're Cooking,What we're Doing,What we're Watching
Tis the Season!
I love December. I love it. I love all the decorations, I love all the lights, but most of all I love all the PARTIES. Cookie swaps, Dirty Santa, Festivus, tree trimming…I love them all. But I’m sure it’s no surprise to anyone that my favorite is the Ugly Christmas Sweater Party.
I have one coming up, so I’m heading to Rag o’ Rama in Little 5 where I hear there’s a plethora of UCS… but this morning, I scoured the internet to spark some creativity. Here are a few gems I found:
But I literally laughed out loud when my friend Marlene sent me the link for Geltfiend. Chanukkah Sweaters. (“because you look great in knit.”)
But my FAVORITE….
(for an extra special Chrismukkah story click HERE)
Think you can beat these? Feel free to send us pics of you in your ugly holiday sweaters! Thequickanddirtydirty@gmail.com. We would LOVE TO SEE THEM!
So, it’s the 2nd night of Chanukkah and I had my VERY FIRST Chanukkah dinner!
Feeling pretty impressed with myself…mostly since usually it’s the 4th or 5th night of Chanukkah when I finally realize the holiday is even underway.
Not this year, my friends. I am officially a Cohen and I figure, no time like the present to start having traditions! We had SUCH a lovely night and it so easy to put together – so I thought I’d post a little how-to so that you could do it, too! Jewish or not, this was an awesome dinner and I would re-create it anytime.
Here are the top 5 things that made it a success:
1. Brisket. I felt like we had to have brisket to make it a “real” Jewish holiday. So, at 10am I woke Greg up and told him he had to go get me a 6lb slab of brisket and some veggies so I could construct the Barefoot Contessa’s brisket recipe. You can view it HERE. I followed the instructions to a T – and it was not only so incredibly easy – but DELICIOUS. I recommend it to any new housewife who wants to impress her husband.
2. All-Clad Roasting Pan. You guys, we got EIGHT of these from our registry. EIGHT. Every time one would come through the door, I’d act excited… but inside I was scared that someone might ask me to use it one day. Today was that day and I ended up being SO grateful for this magnificent piece of kitchenware. It is not only functional, but pretty enough to use as a serving piece.
3. MacKenzie-Childs Chargers. My mom gave us a set of these as a shower gift to my absolute delight – my mom is the ultimate hostess and her Mac-C chargers play a huge role in many of her elaborate tablescapes. I had planned on using them as chargers, but tonight I used them as dinner plates, as my mom often does, they add the perfect amount of whimsy to the dinner table. The best part? They go right in the dishwasher. Perfection.
4. Easy side dishes. Ina’s never done me wrong, so I also made her SUPER easy recipe for roasted Brussels sprouts (check it out HERE) and frozen latkes that I found at Kroger. (I didn’t feel guilty for one second that I didn’t make homemade latkes with potatoes I grated myself… I am THRILLED that my knuckles weren’t shredded along with those potatoes and that my house does NOT smell like burnt oil. And I still had enough time left over today to clear out my DVR and go shopping. Huzzah!)
5. Marshall’s. Greg went to 3 grocery stores who all informed him that their Chanukkah candles “weren’t in yet.” (hello – it’s night #2!) But Marshall’s to the rescue. They had super cool tie-dye looking Chanukkah candles that didn’t drip ONCE! Win.
We’re also grateful for good friends. Even though we don’t live in the same state as our families, we are SO grateful for friends that feel like family. It was so fun to make memories and start new traditions with our friend-family here in the ATL. Extra bonus: They’ll drink plenty of wine with you and nobody’s judging.
Here’s to 8 Crazy Nights!