A Special Birthday Shout Out
The Q+DD wishes a VERY HAPPY 90th BIRTHDAY to one of our most loyal readers…
Miss Henrietta Jean Meyers Kraselsky!
In honor of each of her decades – I will share 9 things I’ve learned from her over the years.
9. In order to stay in tip-top condition, one must have chocolate at every single meal. Chocolate is also acceptable AS a meal.
8. You can rock whatever hair color you want for as LONG as you want.
7. Wear your good jewelry every single day. Why not enjoy it?
6. Pick a signature scent and stick to it. Miss Henni has been committed to Estee Lauder’s “Beautiful” for as long as I can remember…
5. Exercise every day. Or don’t! Do what you want.
4. Learn to cook one dish really, really well. (Hopefully everyone will get sick of it and you can just go out to eat!)
3. It’s a-ok to play Scrabble all.day.every.day. It keeps you smart and witty. (apparently!)
2. The MOST important thing in the world is family.
1. The best-kept beauty secret is living well and surrounding yourself with love.
Happy, HAPPY 90th, Grams.
(Just 10 more years ’till Al Roker wishes you a happy one…hopefully this will do until then.)
I love you so much!
(AKA Your GG)
From the Q+DD and The New Girl. (Last night’s episode was amaze.) Have fun tonight, boys and ghouls! (I had to…)
Best holiday EVER.
I forgot about…
Fourth and Swift. And how much I love it. (by the way, it seems as if I am the only one who forgot about it – we were there last night and the joint was PACKED.)
I did NOT forget about their AMAZING Truffle Popcorn.
Usually they only serve it at the bar, but last night they let us order it from our table and it was every bit as good as I remember. The rest of our meal did not disappoint, either! (All the boys ordered their signature “Three Little Piggies”: Berkshire Pork Chop, Apple-Cotachino Hash, Creamy Grits and Chiharron “Popcorn.” and I had a gorgeous veggie plate.
It was a fantastic dinner and no one seemed to mind one bit that our entire party showed up in costume for Halloween.
In retrospect, I guess the bottom line is this: whether or not you need to be dressed as Jessie Spano and/or Superman-in-a-Onesie for them to serve you truffle popcorn tableside… unclear.
4th & Swift
621 North Ave
Atlanta, GA 30308
(No) Labor Day
So sorry I have been MIA. Things are getting crazy in my life. But I have LOTS to tell you ASAP. From eyelash extensions to trunks full of glorious men’s clothes to some new gift ideas – I promise it’s alllll coming.
But right now, I’m getting ready to leave town for the 3rd weekend in as many weeks… They’ve all been amazing, but this weekend, I can’t help but think of last Labor Day when the best guy I’ve ever met asked me to marry him!
I didn’t know how he’d top it… and truth be told – I don’t think he can. BUT: spending Labor Day at the Greenbrier does not exactly suck and that’s what we shall be doing!
My bag is packed to the brim with all my preppiest stuff. Including my new Tory bag (!!!)
So, I’m basically all ready for afternoon tea. Pinky finger up and all.
Muffy – I’m coming for you!
Happy BIRTHDAY, America!
It’s the 4th of July! And whether you’re celebrating it by running the Peachtree…
…or watching the Lenox Square Fireworks (tonight at 9:40PM, Party on the Moon starts at 7:30)…
Happy Birthday, America! 236 looks great on you.